I don't know when loving music became a part of my identity. As a child, teenager and young adult I think that the love always existed, but it was not until a few years ago that I realized that my love for music was a big part of who I was, who I am.
Anyways, that is neither here nor there. I love music, it is a large part of who I am. I spend a good portion of my free time listening to music, trying to find new music, thinking about themes across music, across genres of music, trying to learn about the history of music, and going to concerts. And here, what I will try to do is document some of those learnings, experiences. Allow myself the time and luxury to think through and really develop my own thoughts, opinions, theories, learning and share that with whoever wants to take the time to read. I'll post a song that I'm particularly feeling, maybe album reviews, concert reviews, concerts I wish I could go to, any any of my learnings, thoughts etc. And we'll see how it goes!
I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.
-Ray Charles
Friday, March 9, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment